Early Years Educator
NCFE CACHE Early Years Educator Diploma, Levels 3 & 4, in Montessori Pedagogy – Birth to Seven Years
- You must be aged 18 or over
- Have a minimum of 3 GCSEs to include Maths and English GCSE at grade C or above (or NARIC Statement of Comparability (enic.org.uk) )
- If English is not your first language you must have IELTS (academic) at 6.5 IELTS Academic (ielts-academic.com)
- UK/EU citizen (or full and relevant visa for duration of course)
- A Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check will be required, as it is for anyone working with children.
Additional Entrance Requirements for Level 4:
- In addition to the above you must also have one ‘A’ Level at Grade C or above, plus one further ‘A’ Level (or NARIC Statement of Comparability (enic.org.uk)
Online Learning requirements
- Personal Email account
- Web browsing and word processing skills
- Reliable broadband access. Bandwidth recommendation: minimum of 4mb download speed. Users can test their bandwidth at http://www.speedtest.net/
Level 3: 2 semesters of 18 weeks over one academic year, plus professional placement.
Level 4: 2 semesters of 20 weeks over one academic year, plus professional placement.
At both levels, a minimum of 6 – 10 hours independent study per week is required.
NCFE CACHE Level 3 and 4 Diploma in Montessori Pedagogy – Birth to Seven ( Early Years Educator) are awarded to students upon completion of the course: which comprises college lectures, assessed written course work, final written and practical examinations and assessed teaching practice in a Montessori setting.
Theoretical: Our theoretical subjects introduce you to the foundation of working with early years, focusing on Maria Montessori’s philosophy. We explore her understanding of how children develop and how to focus on building the child’s learning as well as helping you to understand the elements of being a reflective practitioner.
Observations: We study the key to educational observation. This skill is paramount to being a successful Montessori teacher, enabling you to really understand and develop each individual child, their interests, their personalities, and their needs. Skilled observations enable the practitioner to continue to prepare the stimulating and rich environment that makes up a Montessori classroom and that suits the developing child.
Child Development: This knowledge is essential when working with children. Within this module we look at renowned theorists that have studied children’s development, whether: physical, intellectual, language and/or emotional and social.
Montessori Curriculum: Practical, hands on, we explore: Activities of Everyday Living, Education of the Senses, Knowledge and Understanding of the World, Numeracy and Arithmetic and Literacy. These areas are all explored by reference to the developing child and with extensive use of the Montessori teaching materials and creative activities that thread through all the subjects. Throughout the course students have extensive opportunities to examine and use all the Montessori materials, allowing them to truly understand their purpose in the Montessori classroom.
Professional Placement: Professional placement of at least 400 hours is a compulsory component of the Diploma qualification The placement forms a central point of practical integration for the knowledge, understanding, skills and attitudes developed over the course of the training and aims to provide students with opportunities to demonstrate their progress as a practitioner. Students can apply for this to be taken at one of our four preschools situated in Essex or alternatively, students can, independently, make their own arrangements with other Centre approved Montessori schools or nurseries.
and pay the £100 registration fee ( non-refundable) via BACS transfer.
Upon receipt of your completed Registration Form and Fee, you will be invited to attend an interview, either in person, virtual or telephone.
Once you have been offered and accepted a place on your chosen course, candidates will be required to:
- Complete an Enrolment Form
- Undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Complete a Suitability Declaration
- Make Course fee payment
Level 3 £3,500.00
Level 4 £3,750.00
Payment plans are available please contact us for more information.
We are committed to fair admissions and access by recruiting students regardless of their social, cultural, or economic background.
Our admissions policy sets out the principles and procedures we use to admit new students for all courses offered by the training centre.